Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tofino, BC

We just got back from a trip to Tofino,  British Columbia, where we spent the week between Christmas and New Years day.  Most of the time was spent relaxing, and for me that means at least some time shooting photos.

The first few days were exceptionally rainy an windy.  The sheet of paper taped to the door of the lodge upon our arrival read

"Vancouver Island's Pacific Rim National Park are warning visitors about massive waves, gale force winds and hazardous surf conditions this holiday season."

Prefect for me who does not really enjoy the warm and sunny beaches of the world.  The forecast turned out to be fairly accurate...









Chesterman Beach in a driving rain storm.

With the amount of time I spend in the mountains, I get the chance to see a lot of very interesting cloud formations.  My early morning walk to watch the sunrise from the beach produced one of the more interesting cloud photos I have ever shot.


What would a trip be without some bird photos.


Not a good photo, but apparently eagles enjoy seagull snacks.

Fox Sparrow


Yet another bad photo of an oyster catcher.  I will get a good photo one day.  

Driftwood on the beach.

What would a family trip be without some family photos.




The last night of the trip I shot a couple black and whites.





No comments:

Post a Comment

TopOfBlogs